You used to have to download a special app to scan a QR code. This was one of several reasons why QR codes fell out of popularity. Now, though, with Flowcode, you can just use your phone!
Most modern smartphones have QR code scanning technology built right into their operating system. Each device uses your camera to scan the code and assemble the shortlink.
So, to scan a Flowcode, just follow these simple steps:
- Open your phone’s camera app however you normally do. Make sure it’s back-facing / not in selfie mode.
- Point the camera at the Flowcode. Your camera should auto-focus, but if it doesn’t, tap your phone where the code appears on screen to help it focus.
- If your phone doesn’t scan the code right away or if the code is too far away, zoom in. (But don’t get too close. Make sure the entire code is captured in frame.)
- Your phone may ask if you’d like to follow the shortlink. If it’s an authentic Flowcode, you’ll see a flowcode.com link. Tap the notification to follow the link.
- Voila! You should now be sent to the code’s destination.
Scanning a Flowcode is completely secure. You do not hand over any information by doing so; the code is simply a conduit to the shortlink. Many destinations (e.g. Wi-Fi network access) will require you to confirm that you want to do what it asks. So don’t worry, Flowcodes can’t make your phone do anything you don’t want it to do!